We are looking for a highly skilled quantitative analyst to strengthen our team. This is a full time position based in our Berlin office.
Wattsight is a leading provider of data and consulting services to the European energy market. We provide customers with the insight they need to better understand the European power market by forecasting fundamentals and prices for the short-, medium- and long-term horizon. Our customers rely on our vast knowledge base, second opinions from analysts as well as cost-efficient decision support for investments in power and energy assets. We serve a large number of clients, including several of Europe's major power and energy companies and financial institutions which value the unique competence of analysts, modelling skills and market intelligence based on two decades of experience. Today we are located in Arendal and Oslo (Norway), Berlin (Germany) and Vienna (Austria).
As part of our team, your main responsibilities will be
- Develop and program fundamental and price forecasting models for European energy markets together with the model development team and our experienced market analysts.
- Searching for and evaluating data from external sources
- Continuously increase quality by evaluating, extending and improving current models
- Cooperate with the IT department to ensure reliable and consistent data flow
- Exchange market views and model insights with our international analysts
- Reflect on strengths and weaknesses of both traditional forecasting tools and machine learning algorithms
- Daily operations
- Academic background, preferably master in economics, engineering, physics, mathematics or data science
- Good programming skills (Java, Python or other) and advanced skills in mathematics, statistics or optimization
- Experience in working with dispatch and capacity expansion models for the energy market is a plus
- Knowledge and interest in machine learning techniques
- Excellent team-player with very good communication skills
- Fluency in English and basic German. Fluency in another European language would be an advantage
- Structured and analytical approach to all tasks
By joining Wattsight, you get
- A positive international working environment characterized by expertise, responsibility and innovation.
- Professional and personal development in a company experiencing strong growth.
- Supportive colleagues, where team spirit and cooperation are highly valued and rewarded.
- Central and newly refurbished offices
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes
Please send us your English application, including a letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible. We will consider applicants consecutively.
Dr. Blazej Radomski
Head of Analysis - Germany
Office manager Berlin
Mobile: +49 171 333 07 03
Head of Quantitative Analysis
Mobile: +47 913 25 764
Mobile: + 47 992 71 779